Sunday, January 21, 2007

No More Babysitting

Since the summer, I have been babysitting for Toby, Frankie, and Theo. Toby is four, and Frankie and Theo are 16 month-old twins. Every Wednesday, I'd have them for 11 hours at a time. I loved them to bits, but I can't tell you how happy I am that I no longer have to work that job. There were great times, like when Frankie (the smaller twin) would feed me the left-overs from his lunch. He did it in a really thoughtful way. I had just fed him and he wanted to make sure I was fed too. The twins still can't walk or talk, but they always reached for me to pick them up and I liked that. Toby liked to draw and made me a real cute birthday card that had a basement and a washer/dryer drawn on the front. That little card was a moment of genius and I know from time to time I will miss their grubby little faces, but thank jesus freaking christ it's over. From now on it's quiet, calm, 9-to-5 sign lettering at Trader Joes.




No comments: