- Had a delicious meal at the City Bakery
- Visited various Chelsea galleries
- Ate cupcakes
- Skipped while holding hands
- Walked around Greenwich Village
- Had Pinkberry
- Found a nice cafe and had a good chat
- Met up with a couple of old friends at Washington Square
- Went to see the new Alan Ball play, All That I Will Ever Be
- Had dinner with Janet and one of her roommates
- Went to see the number one dive in NY.
The play was typical Alan Ball over-the-top drama, but with moments of poignant subtlety peppered in. It's the story of a gay prostitute that is a pathological liar. He lies because his life is unimpressive and because he doesn't want to be hurt. Ultimately, it's a play about letting go of hurt feelings and letting yourself be loved.
The dive was located in the back room of a deli in Lower Manhattan. After walking past the customers eating sandwiches and walking through a door that looked like it would lead to a bathroom, we had arrived. The bar itself was barely larger than a standard living room and it was filled with the downtrodden and nearly naked women. I was offered a free lap-dance.
I politely declined.
A perfect day indeed.
Stay-tuned for Fair White's NY impressions and photos.